Remote Teaching with LAs (RTLA) Workshop Series
The Learning Assistant (LA) Program recognizes that the shift to remote teaching provides a unique set of challenges e.g. maintaining students’ engagement, learning new technologies, and how to work with LAs to support students.
To address these challenges, the LA program is offering the Remote Teaching with LAs (RTLA) Workshop series. This series of three workshops is designed to introduce tools and activity structures optimized for integrating LAs into synchronous (similar to face-to-face, but remote) and asynchronous (self-paced, online) classrooms. During the Blending Synchronous and Asynchronous Teaching with LAs workshop, participants will exchange ideas and receive feedback on their LA-supported course design from peers and the LA team.
These workshops will be facilitated remotely. You are welcome to participate in one, two, or all workshops.
Workshop attendees who complete all three workshops, reflections, and a self-assessment are eligible to receive FIU’s Remote Teach Ready (RTR) Badge.
Below are the dates for the upcoming Remote Teaching with LAs Workshops:
- Synchronous Learning with LAs:
- Monday, June 29th, 2-4 pm
- Monday, July 27th, 2-4 pm
- Asynchronous Learning with LAs:
- Tuesday, June 30th, 2-4 pm
- Tuesday, July 28th, 2-4 pm
- Blending Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning with LAs (optimizing your work with LAs):
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2-4 pm
- Wednesday, July 29th, 2-4 pm
Space is limited. Be sure to RSVP by June 25th .
Have questions? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org